I need help setting things up.
I am unable to upload my source file. What is going on?
- If you're using FTP or SFTP, please ensure that you have provided the correct login credentials, source host URL and path & file name.
- If you're using Dropbox, Google Drive or One Drive, please ensure that the source URL is correct and that it is a public file that we are able to access.
- If you're using manual file uploads, you will be able to upload the file on the dashboard page with the red "Manual Update" button.
I am having trouble mapping my source file columns. What are column headers/index? What do the various attributes do?
The column header is the content of the first or top-most row in your source file. The left-most column in your file is indexed 1 and the column after is indexed 2. Your inputs in the "Source Mapping Column" section should contain the column header or the column index in your source file. Please note that the column header must match exactly with the one in your source file.
- Prefix & Store Prefix: This strips the source file's leading product identifier by what you input in the column. For example, if your SKU in the source file is "ABC1001121" and you input "ABC" in the input, "1001121" will be matched against the SKUs in your store.
- Product key, quantity key, selling price key, barcode key: Column header of product identifiers or column index. For example, a column header for product key would be "SKU" and quantity key would be "Qty".
Ensure that your columns are properly matched by column header or by the index of the column.
We strongly encourage you to use the column index as this method is safer than using column headers.
What is the function of "Quantity Rules" in Advanced Settings?
Quantity Rules allow users to choose what product quantities to display on their Shopify store based on the quantity in the source file uploaded. This will only work if your "Quantity key" tab is correctly chosen.
For example, as a shop owner, you would not want to sell out of stock items to customers. An easy way to avoid this is to set a "rule" to display "0" (right cell) quantity in your store when there is lesser than 10 products "< 10" (left cell) in your uploaded source file.
Why is the process status stuck at "Queueing" during scheduled updates?
There are certain peak hours when our server is busy due to the large volume of store owners who schedule their updates around the same time. When there are 2 or more profiles scheduled around the same time, Syock Sync processes one while the other enters a queue.
Why is my update process taking a long time?
Stock Sync is designed to update millions of inventory info. Unfortunately, Shopify has set API call limits to the number of updates that Stock Sync can be run at any one time. In general, only 2 updates can be run per second. Naturally, having more SKUs in your source file would take a longer time.
What do you mean by SKU limit?
SKU limit is the number of variants in your Shopify store. Our pricing plans are based on the number of product variants you are selling. Selling more products on your store would mean having to purchase a more premium plan.
I do not want Stock Sync to track or update certain products. How do I set this option?
Using SKU "ABC001" as an example, there are 2 methods to achieve this.
Method 1: On your product or variant page, set "Inventory policy" to "Don't track inventory".
Method 2: Switch the Sync key for "ABC001" to an "X" on the StockSync dashboard
I have multiple suppliers selling the same item and they have the same SKU.
By default, StockSync takes the SKU with the larger quantity. For example, if supplier A has 12 in stock and supplier B has 3 in stock, the quantity displayed on your store would be 12.
I want to synchronise inventory between Shopify stores. Is this possible?
Yes. StockSync is able to synchronise inventory levels from one store to one or many other stores but NOT both ways. You have to select which store will be the primary store that all other selected stores will be synchronised to. Note that this option is only available with other StockSync subscribed stores.
Please email us at email@example.com to customise this option.
Why is the number of SKU matched, not 100%?
- Your vendor may list all their inventory in a single source file but you may not be retailing all of their products.
- Your vendor may have removed some products from their source file while that product still exists on your store.
How do I cancel my subscription to Stock Sync?
You can cancel your subscription to Stock Sync, simply by uninstalling the application. Shopify manages the billing of applications such as Stock Sync. If you have used the application for a few days, Shopify will pro-rate the usage for the month.
How do I contact you for more questions?
Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be as detailed as possible, providing screenshots if necessary, as this allows us to quickly ascertain the problem.
Unfortunately, we do not provide phone or chat support. However, rest assured that our email support is prompt and efficient. We usually reply within a day or two and are most active during the weekdays.
We strongly encourage you to give us a shot with our 14-day FREE trial to figure if our application works well for your needs. If you need more help in getting your Stock Sync up and running, tour our guide here. If you are still experiencing problems or have more questions, please contact us at email@example.com.